Advanced Biofuels Conference (ABC)
The Swedish Bioenergy Association (SVEBIO) and Bioenergy International magazine welcomes participants, online and on-site, to its 9th edition of Advanced Biofuels Conference 2023 in Gothenburg, Sweden. This conference will focus on biofuels for the maritime and aviation sector, with much development.
The aviation and shipping sectors are being transformed at an increasingly rapid pace, on both the demand and supply side. Oil and gas majors are retrofitting existing refinery assets to produce renewable fuels while others are developing new capacities from a myriad of feedstock sources. Pushed by policymakers and consumers alike, airline- and shipping majors are committing to significant renewable fuel offtakes in the race to zero while competing to stay in the black.
The transport sectors face big changes in the near future. Apart from today’s economic situation there are national energy challenges like security of supply, energy security and security of cost. Perhaps the biggest challenge of all is the transition to a low carbon economy using biofuels, while fossil fuel prices fluctuate heavily.
How will the Inflation Reduction Act in the USA and the Fit for 55 package in make progress to reduce CO2 emissions? How can the industry create business opportunities for this emerging market, taking advantage of technological innovations? What new technology developments have been made? This will be presented and discussed.
This conference gathers leading actors and stakeholders in the global biofuels industry. This is where you gain insights and meet market players and people active to develop new projects. The conference will show latest developments in European and international policy, energy system transition to renewable fuels, new technologies and partnerships – with leading companies presented.
- Two conference days, four sessions and a workshop with some 24 plus high-level speakers covering all modes of transport for drop-in and high-concentrated biofuels.
- Delegates includes policymakers, politicians, business executives, developers, researchers & engineers and stakeholders. Excellent business opportunities making contacts for Nordic countries!
Join our Study Visit on 20 September
- Pre-conference study visit preliminary for the Volvo Group plant with assembly of heavy engines and trucks. The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction machinery and marine and industrial engines. Their brands consist of Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD, Rokbak, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova bus and Mack.
- Pre-conference study visit preliminary for preliminary tour to the Preem oil refinery where HVO is manufactured with a current expansion to some 1 million tonnes by 2024. At the refinery amongst others the PyroCell plant biocrude from pyrolysis is upgraded and processed into HVO fuels.
- A roll-up tabletop mini-expo with technology providers for business networking rounded off by an exclusive conference dinner evening.
Please see latest information about the programme on: www.advancedbiofuelsconference.org